Sunday, February 9, 2014

When it comes to love stories...

I'm not really much of a romantic.  I mean, I've tried, it's just not me.  I'm too much of a skeptic.  I'm more of a Casablanca kind of girl.  Chasing Amy.  500 Days of Summer.  And I don't expect you to get that.  I'm not the girl that's going to appreciate The Notebook.  Or anything else by Nicholas Sparks.  Again, I've tried.  I hated Titanic.  And don't tell me I should check out the Twilight series.  Seriously. If you like that sort of thing, there's no reason to deny it, but I'd rather gouge out my eyes and be all Van Gogh with my ears. I do have some favorites when it comes to chick flicks though, I'm not completely immune to the charm.  Breakfast at Tiffany's.  Roman Holiday.  Sleepless in Seattle. Serendipity.  Love Actually.  Recipes for a successful romance movie include being British or starring Audrey or Tom Hanks.  Then it's worth attempting.


If I must admit to loving anything, I love Subway art.  So I made this.  Just a bit ago.  This is my tribute to romance.





I had a bit of fun grasping at couples, couples I can appreciate.  Or laugh at.  Or that immediately popped into my head.  'Tis the season of love, according to Hallmark, and any other retail store, so there you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment