Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Beautiful Day


Welcome to sunny Northern California.




 And have you ever seen such beautiful weather?





Before you think I'm being sarcastic, I'm serious.  (One of the rare times.)  For a couple of reasons.



First off, since our governor put out the official word of being in a drought, this is one of the most beautiful views I could imagine.  Unfortunately, we haven't had a lot of rain, but according to the weather report, we're supposed to have a few more days of this.  With promise of rainfall.  Our state could use the rain.  Trust me.  Not only are we in a drought, we're also supposed to cut back on our water usage twenty percent.  That doesn't stop people having their sprinklers on before 8 am, but it's the thought that counts.  I've never been more grateful for cloudy days, teasing me with a hint at rain, even if just a few sprinkles.  Before moving here, I hated cloudy days, dreaded them.  And now I've learned to appreciate such days.  Even if it means we aren't heading to the beach this weekend.


The Redhead, on the other hand, keeps begging to have an opportunity for indoor recess, because they've had none.  Even when it did rain, once or twice, they still played outside.  Apparently, it has to rain hard to play inside.  All she wants is to play a particular game they received from a Secret Santa.  But alas, it keeps escaping her reach.


With the clouds come colder temperatures, which works marvelously since I just finally planted all those bulbs, a couple months too late.  That works in my favor.



It also brings me to the second reason- considering the extreme temperatures and snow in The Midwest right now, a cloudy day is such a better alternative.  Of course, this is where The Redhead would say, "but at least they get indoor recesses."  But I wouldn't trade this weather for snow.  Ever.  Like I say, "if I want snow, I can drive an hour to Tahoe."

No comments:

Post a Comment