Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Clearance, Be Mine

I love Clearance.  I just love it.  It's true love.  I'm telling you, TRUE LOVE.  Made to be.  Forever.  Endless.  Mine. Mine. Mine.



And today at Target, my accomplice The Redhead, and I unearthed some massive savings.  90% off Valentine's Day merchandise at Target.  (Although, I'm not sure it counts as savings, when I only would have bought these things 90% off.)  And with $20 and two Targets, we not only saved big, we did in time to see a brick-building movie for the second time, making use of The Redhead's week off from school.



The boxers, cotton candy dog toys, and these few items were bought for us.  I broke into the candy during the movie.   That's what it gets for hiding out in my purse so it wouldn't melt while in the car.   (The candy was actually only 70% off, but hey, that's okay.  I won't tell, if you don't.)





I only found one thing to donate to an actual charity, that cute little baby outfit, which will go in the box with the ones I bought during Christmas clearance.  I won't be writing off the other things from today, but the good news is, they won't be staying in our house.  And I paid no more than 50 cents a piece for most of them.







Packs of Lego City sets for 34 cents?  Yes, please!  Hot Wheels for 49 cents?!  Awesome!




The bubble necklaces were only 19 cents!






And I just love clearance.  Did I mention that already?  LOVE IT.  With deals like these, the classroom prize box should be well stocked for at least a few days.  And we finally found several items for boys.  Who would have guessed during such a girly holiday?!  And the best part?  Wandering around the store was not a wasted effort, as most of what we discovered was elsewhere in the store, and that's always my favorite part.  Another bonus?  We forgot cat food this morning so we HAD to get back to a store.  So we hit yet another Target this afternoon and found different items, including plush critters for 0.49 cents and the 99 cent Cabbage Patch Kids.   And I just adore finding various items.






 We didn't need much, so aside from dog toys, boxers, and cake pop sticks, and maybe candy too, everything else was bought for purposes outside of this household, and who can't love that?  Maybe you like stuff for your home, but the less I have to find spots for, the better!  Total spent, less than $30.  The thrill I experienced in finding it?  Priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment