Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In Preparation

The Redhead has been to the same place to get her hair cut since her first haircut.  Well, sort of.  They did change locations at some point.  But still, it's the same.  And it was a cute little boutique, specializing in children's hair.  Then we moved, and I was scared to take her beautiful locks just anywhere.  And the kid salons here have such awful reviews.




And I kept putting it off, but then I learned that The Redhead really wanted to have her haircut before school started.  It meant a lot to her.  It was helping her build her confidence starting this new school in a new state.



So we did the scariest, only available option:  we stopped at a Great Clips.  Gosh, I was so scared.  I handed them a Monet.  They could have ruined it.





So, I handed the nice lady this.  I so apprehensive to do so.  She's my pride and joy.  The hair is just the best bonus.



It wasn't like our prior salon, of course.  The Redhead didn't have a game console or a movie to watch.  They didn't style her hair afterwards.  (I fixed her hair again as soon as we hit the parking lot.)  But that wasn't what was important.  What mattered was scratching off something else off The Redhead's list, something else that made her feel ready for this new beginning.  And that's priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment