Friday, August 23, 2013

A Project a Day

I've been trying to get at least one project done a day.  No matter how big or how small.  It has been my challenge to myself.



And no, I haven't counted photos of the cat as one of those projects.



But if I did, I would be even more accomplished.




I'm also not going to count Mister Man's projects.  Although I should.  But in all fairness, I am the one who painted the living room and have been waiting for him to start hanging things on those beautiful walls.



And I finally made the headband holder for The Redhead's room.  I've been meaning to make one of those for years.  It was so easy, I don't have any excuses as to why I hadn't made it sooner.





But Mister Man's been busy ruining my walls.  He did this after I painted in The Redhead's room too.





And although this isn't a project, it is intriguing how this little guy has been just hanging out in a piece of artwork my Uncle made me.  I hope I didn't incidentally smuggle him into this state.





And Alexandra's all, "you better not even think about blaming me for this mess."






The changes have been wearing her out though.




It was worth the mess though because for the first time ever, this house has a ceiling fan in the living room.  And a real light.  Hooked into a light switch.  Three rooms down.




We also have a lawnmower again.  And yes, that is a real lawnmower.  We used one in Kansas too.  I believe in limiting my carbon footprint.  You won't be the first to laugh at me for it.  Nor the last.






I've also been busy painting The Redhead's bathroom.  I could have put this project off forever, but all of a sudden this week I popped open that can of paint and told myself, "let's get this done.  Let's surprise that child of yours."  And within two days, it was completely finished.  Touch-ups and all.  The best part was that we bought this paint the same day we bought her bedroom paint last month, so I had no idea what color was going on the wall.  I couldn't remember.  I'd seen too many paint swatches.  But I love it, just not nearly as much as she does.  Now I didn't make her towel, Pottery Barn Kids did.  And that set was worth every little penny.  The splurge was worth it.





79 cents at Michael's and I have myself the coolest chalkboard.





I'd had this idea for a while now, and the need, to have a smaller hair bow holder in the bathroom so we didn't have barrettes just sitting on the sink.  I think it blends in perfectly and it will definitely get a lot of use!





The front of the house has also been begging for something.  Anything.



So I had to give in.






We have a hummingbird feeder too! Because we've discovered a reason!  And although I really only showed a few projects of mine, I just want you to know we're busy living here.  And it's already looking like progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment