Thursday, February 26, 2015

The California Way

We heard from our softball coach today.  Tomorrow we have a mandatory parent meeting.  At 5:30.  And we just found out about it.  And while this kind of annoys me....it appears to be the California way.  It is not uncommon for the school to announce things last minute.  Or to get birthday invitations within a day or two's notice.  On weekends, people don't really seem to show up until the afternoons.  And no one appears to make advanced plans.



This is all the California way.



Being a planner, and not just one of those people who call themselves a planner...no, a genuine planner....with notebooks and "write to-do list," on her "to-do list" kind of planner....this is the hardest concept I've had to face since moving to the west coast.  I welcome the weather.  I think even the change of pace is at times good for me.  But last minute plans? DRIVES ME MAD.  How can you tell me something is mandatory or that I need to be there when you told me the day before? HELLO?! Do they not make plans  in advance? On a Friday night?!  Well, apparently they do...just the day before.



Saying or typing that this is irritating to me is an understatement.




I just don't know how to live like that.  But I've had to adjust in the last year and a half.  I just hope it doesn't become a habit, become my lifestyle.  Even if it is the California way.

No comments:

Post a Comment