Saturday, February 28, 2015

Belly Some Jelly


The Redhead had President's Day week off from school.  This appears to be a California thing.  Other states do it too.  Kansas was not one of them.  But I'm always more than happy to have an extra week off with The Redhead.  And Mister Man took a couple days off too.  During this time, we decided to say, "get in my belly, jellies."  Okay, so I said that.  And I actually did.  I also said, "we're going to belly some jellies today."  And I don't even liked jelly beans.




There is a Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, California, a little over an hour from us.  We had yet to make it there since moving to this sunny state, so it was time to take a free tour.



Okay, so I was really, really curious about all of the jelly bean murals of Ronald Reagan throughout the establishment.  It made me wonder all sorts of things.  But during the tour, they were more than happy to tell us their story.  Dear Ronald put Jelly Belly jelly beans on the map.  He loved them so.  So therefore, Jelly Belly loved Ronald Reagan so.  










I wasn't allowed to take photos during the actual tour, but we did have to wear these nifty hats.


And I stocked up on Bertie Bott's beans in the gift shop.  They will be splendid for our party this July.  




For lunch, The Redhead wondered if we could eat there.  I was skeptical at first, but then our food arrived.







And I'm not sure if you can tell, but it's all jelly bean shaped!  Aside from the little smiley faces.  I still remember when The Redhead called those "happies" as a wee tot.








If you're ever in the neighborhood, it's well worth checking out!






No comments:

Post a Comment