Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Girl Who Loved Wolf

We had a Free for the Weekend sort of weekend.  Except we were busy.  However, we went to three different free fall festivals.


On Saturday, we accidentally found a small festival going on near where we ate lunch.  They had free pumpkins, free face-painting, free balloons, free popcorn, among other things.  They also had a craft involving totes and puffy paint.  Which ended up in my hair.  And it's still there.  It may never come out.  And to the lady in the bathroom who said, "I hope it was worth it," I still don't know what you mean, but I'm sure it was.



Just look at that face.



We forgot our camera on Saturday, so those above photos are the only proof we have of the day's events.




We did however remember the camera on Sunday.  And I managed to snap a few photos while waiting in line for face-painting for over an hour.  Meanwhile, Mister man and The Redhead checked out some of the other booths while I had her spot.  The tricky thing about holding a spot, is the line was full of so many parents also holding spots.  But sometimes they were holding as many as seven spots.  And that makes the line feel like it's growing,




We came here last year, and we were impressed by all of the free games and crafts.  Not that we only came because it was free.  But it's certainly nice.




And in case you were curious if waiting in that line was worth it....




It most definitely was.



What I'm still confused about is that there were two face painters.  They were free.  Yet, some people were specifically trying to get only one particular painter.  You're waiting in line for either one, for whichever one is open when it's your turn.  I don't understand it, because when we did get to the lady, instead of having a chart of what you could pick, she told The Redhead she could have anything, so to all of those parents trying to wait for the lady in the monarch butterfly getup, shame on you for being so rude.  They were both incredibly skilled.  And I understand you probably saw some other kid's face and found out the monarch painted it, but I'm certain the other lady could have done it too.  They're a TEAM.  As for the third face painter with glitter and her whole other line...I'm not sure what she was doing.  Or what her skills were.  But The Redhead's wolf face was spectacular.



And because of this, you're going to have to see all of these pictures.




I just couldn't stop taking photos of her face!









































They only problem we ran into after our day of free fun was after her shower, I saw her eyes.


It was hard letting go of that wolf face.  It was even harder getting rid of the eyeliner look.  And we didn't even want to keep it.  Also, the fact she knows what a smoky eye is disturbed me.




The next day, she looked much better, but I could still see it.


We still miss our wolf though.

No comments:

Post a Comment