Thursday, October 16, 2014

99 Reasons: Discovered Booty


It dawned on me last night that I don't have any 99 Reasons posts for the month of October.  It's not like I haven't been, because I can barely go a couple days without stopping by, but I haven't been sharing.  And well, that's not nice.  I need to share more.  Obviously.


First off, when I found all of that white chocolate, I was the happiest girl on the planet.  I hope this stuff gets me through most of my holiday baking, but it's hard to say.  It will however save me soooooooo much money.  That stuff isn't cheap.  But I will use all of it.  The Wilton cupcake kit candies were cute, and I already have a plan for those.  Also, no one in my household likes pickles, except myself on occasion.  I haven't bought any other than for parties, and I still haven't for years.  However, when I found those Claussen's, I was so happy.  A week or more after I bought them, I saw this lady stocking up, because surprisingly a store had gotten more in.  Her husband kept laughing as she kept putting more in their cart.  She proclaims, "these are usually $4 to $5 at the store!"  Finally at five jars, he laughs and says, "do you think you have enough?" She looks at him seriously and says, "do you think I should buy more?"  The only reason I was privy to any of this was because they were blocking my way.  Also, I should have enough Pond's, but I use that stuff daily, and I don't want to run out.  Sure, it's my version of stocking up on pickles, but I'm too cheap to pay full price, and we've just finished up another tube.  And while you think I'm making fun of the pickle lady, look at that photo again.  Look at the Baker's white chocolate.  Look at the Pond's I bought again.









We stopped at a 99 cent store the day we went to Elk Grove for a pumpkin festival and stopped by a store nearby.  There were armed policemen outside and we didn't feel the safest inside.  But we're alive to tell the tale.  And as you can tell, I've been slowly finding Halloween items for our annual party.  Also, I've gone through a lot of glue sticks lately.



This was such an interesting shopping day.  I saw someone grab something from a box and then I realized they found big bags of Pirate's Booty, a snack The Redhead adores.  Then after further investigation, they were multi-packs!  The person who grabbed them before me emptied the box, but there was a box underneath and I helped myself.  As I walked around with them proudly, a woman stopped me asking where they were, so I gladly told her.  I met her again while in line to check out.  She kept fondling my bags and saying how they were such a good deal and picking them up and talking about them and asking again where they were,  I told her, and finally she went to look again.  And if you squint, you will see those tubes of Kersal.  I've needed some sooo badly.  



Did I mention I've gone through a lot of glue sticks?  You have no idea.  My poor, poor hands.  And all that melted glue.  It's insane.  Luckily, they're cheap.





More Pond's.  Yes.  I know.  But I use it at least once a day.  And I know I won't always be able to replenish my supply at a dollar each.




The Colorburst batter bits looked like fun.




And those are labels.  Really nice apothecary style labels.  I'm so excited!



Those spider stickers are already gone.




Yeah, I'm getting closer to being ready for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment