Sunday, June 7, 2015

Wild About Harry: A Monstrous Mess


On May 9th, almost a month ago, I made a monstrous mess.  Then again, I've been making lots of messes around my house.





And I've also made some very simple things.  It varies.




It's amazing the things you can make with simple materials such as pom-poms.




And wooden boxes from Michael's.  And foam.




And eyeballs.




For $4.99, you can buy a wooden "book" from Michael's.  It looks like a book!  And if you use a coupon like I did, it's even cheaper.





I used some leftover foam I had in the garage.  In fact, I tore up a couch for this foam.  True story.  We had this couch that was NOT worth passing on, so I started tearing it up.  And I saved a lot of the foam sheets from it, knowing I would use them for something, anything.





So my something, anything started like this.




And then this.




And before I knew it, I was at this point.  With some funky teeth from the Dollar Tree.






 And creepy eyes from the Hobby Lobbyists.




The only real snag came when I noticed what happened to my jeans!




It looked like I skinned a cat or at least shaved one or something.




And this photo is mild in comparison to the real mess.




Yeah.  That's the couch.




And the leftover fabric.





It looks like I stuck the cat in a bag.




But this.  This is amazing.




If you're unfamiliar what this actually is, you need to get out more.  Read more.  Watch more.




Because this is the Monster Book of Monsters.




Or the Monster Book of Messes, as I've dubbed it.







Our poor couch.





So with easy supplies, Hogwarts has been coming along quite magically.





These are puffy pygmies, or rather, pygmy puffs.  Just in case you didn't know.




He was hungry.








I think Hagrid would be proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment