Thursday, October 8, 2015

Well THAT Was Disappointing...

I'm sitting at my desk, knowing I have other things I SHOULD be doing and my phone starts buzzing.  (It buzzes because I keep the sound off all the time, which is why I miss most phone calls and texts, but at least the sound is off.)  I glance and see it's a Kansas number.  Not recognizable, yet I was excited anyway; I don't know why.



Unfortunately, it was an automated voice saying they had "exciting news" for me and I could have a FREE $1,500 security system installed at my house in Kansas.  All I have to do is allow them to put a sign in my front yard.  So little for all that security, right?  (They actually asked a question like that over the phone.)  Well, the type of security that'd make me feel better is insuring nothing else will go wrong, nothing else will break, and that the house sort of just takes care of itself.  If they can guarantee that with a sign, that'd be great.


And since they probably can't, especially since "they" are just a robotic voice, I hung up.  After doing so, I realized, our tenant probably would be okay with a sign.  And then I reminded myself there was probably more to it than that, there always is.  You can secure yourself with THAT knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment