Saturday, July 12, 2014

10 in 10 Days

Except that was nine days ago.




Where has the time gone?!  How has it escaped me so?






July 3rd, The Redhead exclaims from the backseat of the car, "I'll be ten in ten days.  Double digits! Oh yeah!"


It was a bittersweet announcement.  At least for me.  She was ecstatic.  For me, sometimes it seems like she's been in our lives forever, and other times, it doesn't seem possible it's been almost an exact decade. Parenthood for me has been finding that missing piece of my soul in a tiny human being and marveling at the miracle of such.  Rediscovering that bliss each and every day.  I'm not sad she's ageing.  I've never felt that way.  I enjoy every waking moment of being her mother and I embrace each and every year.



The best is yet to come.  I just know it.  But I'm going to attempt to treasure every moment I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment